Friday, February 03, 2006

Bubba Watson - The Longest Driver on the PGA Tour


Who is Bubba Watson? He is being called the "new-age" redneck of the PGA Tour. Why am I writing about him? For a number of reasons.

I am originally from a smaller city in Southeast Alabama called Dothan. Bubba is from Bagdad, Florida, which isn't that far from Dothan. Bagdad is on the Florida Panhandle. For a country boy from Milton, Florida to have made it all the way up to the ranks of the PGA Tour is pretty impressive. What is even more strange about a guy named Bubba from the South is he doesn't like NASCAR and he doesn't like to fish, hunt or drink. That is why he calls himself a "new-age" redneck.

The reason I am writing about him today is because he has taken the PGA Tour by storm this year. He has only played in two tournaments so far this year, but his personality and his freakish long drives have everyone on tour from Phil Mickelson to Tiger Woods talking about him. At the Sony Open in Hawaii a few weeks ago, he hit a drive a 398 yards! That is enormous. And, he regularly hits it 330+ yards...

I like him because he's out there having fun. Something that seems to be lacking from many of the pros at the top level. He just wants to "grip it and rip it". It's refreshing to see. Keep an eye on him this year. I hope he continues to do well in tournaments, and if nothing else, he'll make for great highlights on the Golf Channel.

If you're wondering why I wrote this article today.... It's because life is meant to be lived. Whatever you do, do it with passion and have fun. If you don't like what you are doing and you aren't having fun doing it, then maybe you should look for something else to do. Or, better yet, learn to love what you are doing right now. Everything can be fun with the right attitude!

Good luck and make it a great day!

comments

2 Responses to "Bubba Watson - The Longest Driver on the PGA Tour"
  1. Anonymous said...
    Tuesday, 28 February, 2006

    Hey, J. Anthony. I live in Pensacola, and I am also from a small town in southeast Alabama...Dothan. I am a big fan of Bubba as well. Neat article. A little side note...I'm a graduate of Northview High School, '92. I have a brother living in Atlanta. Small world.

  2. Jason Anthony said...
    Tuesday, 28 February, 2006

    Thank you for the comment. Northview High School... I too graduated from Northview. Class of '88. Who is your brother? You would have been a freshman when I was a senior. You can post a comment, and include your name and email address if you'd like, and I can reply to you. I won't publish the comment on the site so the world won't see your email address.

    Thanks again for the comment and looking forward to hearing from you again.

    Best Regards,

    J. Anthony.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates