Saturday, January 14, 2006

Write Your Own AutoBiography


As I was thinking about what to write today, I came across a website called TheRememberingSite.org. The site struck a cord with me today because my wife's sister's husband's mom died yesterday. It was unexpected and it reminded me of when my uncle died unexpectedly a couple of years ago. Now, anytime I see a photo of my uncle, I am taken back to the good times I had with him when he was alive. He was so much fun to be around and he always had a big smile on his face every time I saw him.

That is why I think this site's purpose is so unique. We have all read the biography of someone famous before. Whether it was of one of the past presidents or a deceased celebrity. But, the real "biographies" that I would like to read are those of friends or loved ones. This site makes it easy to do. They ask you thousands of questions and as you answer each question, you are completing an autobiography. You can upload pictures along the way and once complete, you can have copies of your biography made to send to friends and family members.

Here are just a few of the questions they ask:
  • Do you feel as if you were in the right career for you? What would have been your dream career?
  • Do you remember your first kiss?
  • When your children moved out, did the house feel like a different place? Did you like it as much?
  • Can you remember what you daydreamed about as you looked out of your bedroom window in the house of your growing up?
  • What have been the personal landmarks in your life? Did you turn at the Sunoco station when you were coming home from your errands? Was there a newsstand you stopped at frequently? What did you see every day on your route to school? To work?
  • What advice would you give to a child?
  • Do you like your birthday or do you dread it? What birthday do you remember the most from your youth? What kind of parties did your parents give for you?
This is a really neat idea. Check out the site and see what you think. You just might find yourself writing your own biography...

Make it a great day!

comments

2 Responses to "Write Your Own AutoBiography"
  1. TRS said...
    Saturday, 18 February, 2006

    Thanks so much for the plug, J. Anthony! There are so many questions that we never think to ask our loved ones until they're gone. We've created a simple easy-to-use template to create an autobiography in a Q&A format. We're a non-profit dedicated to allowing anyone, anywhere to write their life story. Can't wait to read yours!

  2. Jason Anthony said...
    Saturday, 18 February, 2006

    Hi TRS,

    You are very welcome. You have a great site, and I was proud to feature it on my blog. As soon as I add my story to your site, I'll let you know.

    Keep up the good work!

    J.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates