Monday, January 30, 2006

You Can Make A Difference


Here's an inspirational little story from our friends at InspirationalQuotes4u.com:

Early one evening a man was walking along a beach when he saw a boy picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. The man asked the boy why he was doing this. The boy explained the starfish would die if left to the morning. The man asked the boy, "What difference will your efforts make when there are thousands of starfish on the beach?" The boy stopped and looked at the starfish he was holding and said, "It will make a difference to this one."

This story reminds me of the quote from Edward Everett Hale: "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do."

There are a countless number of opportunities where we can make a difference every day.

At times, however, we do not take action because we think we can only do a little and it won't make a difference. However, the story and the quote above reminds us that even if we can only do a little, we can make a difference.

It is all in your own attitude!

Make it a great day!

comments

0 Responses to "You Can Make A Difference"
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates