Wednesday, May 03, 2006

In Memory of Earl Woods


Earl Woods, Tiger Woods' father, passed away this morning at the age of 74. He had been battling cancer for quite some time. As an only child, I understand the bond between Tiger and his father.

Here is what Tiger had to say on his website about his dad today:

"I’m very saddened to share the news of my father’s passing at home early this morning. My dad was my best friend and greatest role model, and I will miss him deeply. I’m overwhelmed when I think of all of the great things he accomplished in his life. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend. I wouldn’t be where I am today without him, and I’m honored to continue his legacy of sharing and caring."

I feel the same way about my father. Dad, thank you for everything you've done for me. You're my best friend, and I'm very proud to be your son.

Make it a great day!

Click here to share this story with a friend!

comments

1 Response to "In Memory of Earl Woods"
  1. Anonymous said...
    Wednesday, 03 May, 2006

    I’m a huge Tiger fan and this is big. May Earl rest in peace and I’m sorry for his loss. His dad pushed him to be the great golfer and person Tiger is today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates