Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Support the TEAM in Training - Support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society


Hello all,

I want to share an email I received from a realtor friend who is participating in a 100-mile bike ride to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I admire people like Eddie who is doing this to help raise money. Here is his email and if you feel like donating to his cause, the instructions on how to do so are included in the email below....

PLEASE HELP, HELP, HELP! I am down to the final days for my fundraising and I need your help. I MUST HAVE ALL FUNDS BEFORE MAY 23rd. I am very close and I know I can make it. I am passing the hat for a VERY special cause. I have committed to riding in a century (100 mile bike ride) in Lake Tahoe on June 4th, 2006. More importantly, I have committed to raising $3,800 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. A cure for leukemia means great strides in curing all cancers because leukemia research is considered the window to the treatment and cure for all cancers. All of us have been touched by cancer in some way & one of the most touching parts of this program is that we are teamed up with an "Honored Hero".

My cycle team's Honored Hero is Greg Robinson. He was diagnosed in February of 2000 with multiple myeloma. He is 56 years old and his wife's name is Sheila. You may not be aware of this but multiple myeloma is the second leading type of blood cancer and one of the hardest to treat and deadliest cancers. Greg has never achieved the hoped for complete remission but the disease has stabilized and his quality of life has improved. He is an active participant with the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.

I am up to riding 70 miles and feel confident that I can make it 100 miles in June. I will be stretching it to 75 miles this weekend and will update my website to let you know how it goes. I really appreciate everyone who has donated to this wonderful cause as it has become close to my heart. It is amazing how many people I have met during this training and fundraising that have been touched by cancer.

I'll do the cycling and you can help cheer me on by sponsoring me and Greg. With your contribution, important research will continue toward a cure for this disease! ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!!

***To make your contribution, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL, visit my website at www.H2realty.com and click on the Team in Training logo at the bottom of the page. It will take you directly to my Team in Training website where you can make a donation through their secure server. Please pass this letter along to anyone you know who may be interested in helping in the fight against this disease. I must have all of the funds before May 23rd. If you would like to write a check, please make it payable to LLS & give me a call so I can come pick it up. I have to turn in any checks that I get on May 23rd. Have a great day!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eddie Hudson

Good luck today and make it a great day!

Click here to share this story with a friend!

comments

0 Responses to "Support the TEAM in Training - Support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society"
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates