Thursday, March 02, 2006

Every Company Needs a Mr. C.


Let me tell you a quick story. I am sitting at work this morning around 8:30am when the receptionist comes over the intercom and announces, "Breakfast is being served in the breakroom!"

I have been at my new company for about two months now, so I wasn't sure what she meant. I just assumed that someone had brought in doughnuts or something like that. A few minutes later, Mr. C. walks by my office carrying a plate that is filled with eggs, bacon, sausage, grits and a biscuit. Of course, I am now intrigued. He says, "You'd better hurry up and get in there and get some breakfast."

I walk down to the breakroom to the aroma of a southern breakfast. Mr. C. has cooked bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits, cheese grits and potato cubes. The food is fantastic.

So, who is Mr. C. He is our Distribution manager. He delivers our brochures, maps, etc. to different places around the city and state. For those of you who did not know, my real job is as the Tourism Sales Manager for a Convention & Visitors Bureau. It's a great job that I really enjoy.

But, back to Mr. C. He brought in all of the food uncooked along with his own skillet, crockpot, etc. Once at work, he cooked everything up for everyone. He didn't have to do this. He did it because he wanted to. According to others around the office, he does this periodically. He retired from a position with another company over five years ago, and has been working with us for about five years. He works here because he wants to. He likes his job and enjoys what he does.

Every company could use a Mr. C. We can all learn a lot from him.

So, I challenge you. Do something unexpected every now and then. Never settle. And, above all.... Enjoy what you do no matter what it is.

Make it a great day!

comments

0 Responses to "Every Company Needs a Mr. C."
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates